- Located within the Boyer Lake Area 35 kilometres south of Dryden.
- 32 patented mining claims and 10 mining licenses of occupation covering 599 hectares.
- Located along the northeastern portion of the Manitou Straits Deformation Zone and the south limb of the Manitou Antiform.
- Gold associated with felsic dykes, quartz veins, sheared volcanic rocks, porphyry intrusions. Five parallel shear structures.
- Adjacent to the Elora property, the combined holdings encompass an 800 metre wide zone, which contains a number of highly prospective gold bearing structures. A 4.5 kilometre long section of favourable structures hosts three past producing mines and nine other shafts with unreported production. The high density of shafts in this area is a very positive indicator of the exploration potential.
- Mining at the Big Master Mine occurred between 1900 - 1906 and again between 1942 - 1943. (Click here for historical photo of Big Master Mine)
- Approximately 2,500 ounces of gold were produced at a grade of 6.2 g/t Au.
- Underground mining on four levels with a 440 metre long exploration drift at the 180 metre level. Click here for historical 400 foot level plan of drift (south plus north-east with drill results)
- Other shafts on the Kenwest Project include the Helena, Selby Lake, Paymaster and Gold Rock.
- Click here for historic reserves
- Click here for historical maps, Big Master Mine area
- Click here for historical cross sections, Big Master Mine, 1903 and 1935
- Click here for historical surface plan, long section and cross section – Big Master Mine
Exploration Program and Assay Highlights
- Prospecting, mapping, line cutting, ground magnetometer and induced polarization surveys
- 53.7 kg/t Au (53,700 g/t Au) over 0.55m
- Approximately 19,387 metres drilled (104 diamond drill holes) as of September 2012.
Summary of hole KW-11-26 assays in #2 Gold Structure
(cut to 50 g/t)
Note: Intervals reported are core lengths; true widths of mineralization are not known
Significant Assays: All Holes
|DDH||From||To||Width* (m)||Au g/t|
*Intervals reported are core lengths, true widths of mineralization are not known
Note: Width x g/t Au > 15